4. Product scenario
On the 'Product Scenario' page you can manage usage and end-of-life scenarios and link them to products.
- Open the product scenario page (step 4 in the Ecochain menu).
- Click 'create new scenario' under 'use scenario' (green button).
- Insert name, description and the unit the scenario takes place. (For example, 5000 hrs for a lamp, 80000 km for a car or 50 washingcycles.)
- Add impact items of usages and emissions. (For example, amount of electricity or amount of diesel.)
- Add extra materials/transport via the databases of Ecochain. (For example, soap in a washing scenario.)
- Ecochain will automatically calculate the total impact per product inserted in step 3 in the Ecochain menu.
- When added all impact items, materials and transport, click 'Save'.
- When also implementing a end-of-life scenario, click 'create new scenario' under 'end-of-life scenario'.
- This scenario defines what happens to a product and its materials when the end of life stage has been reached.
- Under Material processing, add scenarios in order to specify what happens to materials in the waste phase of the product.
- Use the recycling percentage to indicate how much of a selected material follows the given scenario.
- Add impact items, materials and transport to expand the end-of-life scenario even further.
- In two situations we advise you to contact our LCA specialists:
1. if your product is used in the end-of-life phase as a fuel for the generation of energy
2. if the product uses virgin materials, but you have an internal process in place to recycle or reuse these materials.
- Click 'Save'.
- Link the scenarios to the products under 'Products', by using the button 'Add use scenario' or 'Add end-of-life scenario'.
- Fill in total lifetime how many times the scenario is implemented.
- Complete your LCAs under step 3 'Done' in the Ecochain menu to insert the scenario results in your product LCAs.